Toys for Birds in Delran, NJ
Your bird may be happy in its new home, but there are plenty of ways to make them even happier. They’ll need something to help them occupy their time, and in Delran, NJ, toys for your birds are the perfect way to accomplish this.
Todd Marcus Birds Exotic offers a variety of toys for African grey birds, macaw birds, and parrots. With a variety of different materials available, from acrylics to toys for foraging and more, our wide variety of exotic bird toys will help your feathered friend feel right at home in their cage environment and help them gain a sense of comfort with you.
*Some toys may be out of stock
Exotic Bird Toys
When you bring home an exotic bird, one of the first things you will need to do is establish a safe place for them to eat, sleep, and exercise both their bodies and minds. Toys for birds in Delran, NJ, are an essential element of the cage environment for birds of all sizes, from tiny parrotlets to large macaws.
Tips for Choosing Toys
- Select toys that are an appropriate size for your bird. If a toy is too large, the bird probably won’t want to engage with it. If it’s too small, it will be destroyed too easily.
- Provide a variety of toys so your bird can exercise in different ways. Choose from acrylic bird toys, as well as toys made from wood, metal, and natural materials. Depending on the size of your bird’s cage toys, usually between 2-4 hanging toys in the cage are appropriate. You can also include small “foot toys” that your bird can move throughout the enclosure.
- Change your bird’s cage toys Most toys will get destroyed over time — that’s what birds do! Even if your bird doesn’t completely chew up their new toy, it’s important to rotate them out to prevent your bird from getting bored.
An engaged bird is a happy bird and will be much less likely to have behavioral problems such as excessive screaming or feather plucking. Here are some of the types of toys for birds in our Delran, NJ, store to keep your feathered friend entertained.
Foraging Bird Toys
In the wild, birds forage to find their food. Foraging bird toys allow birds to exercise this need at home. These toys are made out of a variety of materials. Some are meant to be destroyed, while acrylic bird toys or toys made from more durable materials can be reused. You can hide your parrot’s favorite treats inside to encourage them to play!
Bird Shredding Toys
Parrots naturally want to destroy things in their environment, which is part of their foraging behavior. Satisfy their need to shred with tantalizing toys for curious beaks to tear apart. We have shredding toys for birds of all sizes, from the popular “bird kabobs” to toys featuring paper, cardboard, wicker, balsa, and more.
Bird Swings and Ladders
Great for both cages and play areas, ladders allow birds to climb and encourage exploration of their environment. Meanwhile, bird swings and “boings” provide gentle swaying motions that mimic branches moving in the wind, providing a relaxing perch.
Foot toys are small toys that your bird can easily grasp in — you guessed it — their foot. They are great to give your bird when they are out on a play stand to keep them entertained.
Bird Trick Toys
Since parrots are highly intelligent, teaching them tricks is a great way to help them flex those mental muscles. Taking the time to teach them something new is also a fantastic way to strengthen your bond — and impress friends and family!
Create a toy from scratch or remake an old favorite into something new by adding different toy parts. Select from bird-safe pieces such as cardboard bagels, crinkle shreds, bells, and more to build the best possible toys for your birds in Delran, NJ.
Where Can I Buy African Grey, Macaw, or Other Parrot Toys?
You can purchase toys for all sizes of birds right here in our online store. Or, if you prefer, you can stop in our store in Delran, NJ, for toys for your birds and even let them pick out their new toy! We often see customers from:
- Pennsylvania: Bridesburg, Bucks County (Bristol, Levittown), Holmesburg, Philadelphia County
- New Jersey: Brookview, Bridgeboro, Burlington County, Eltingville, Pleasant Plains, Riverside
- New York: Annadale, Arden, Richmond County, Staten Island, Tottenville
- Delaware: Claymont, New Castle County, Wilmington, Worthland
- And many other places around the country!